Stay Informed

Home/Stay Informed

Audit Help


The IRS has “stepped up” their examination of employee business deductions. If you fly international and have a large per diem deduction on your form 2106, chances are you will be hearing from the IRS. This is reality—we have [...]

Audit Help2017-06-13T18:16:22+00:00



Q: Is it true that electronically filing my federal or state return makes it more likely that I will be audited? A: Electronically filing your federal or state return does not increase the likelihood that your return will be [...]


Professional Links


Here are some helpful Links for you as the airline professional! Tax Domestic Per Diem Rates – CONUS International Per Diem Rates – OCONUS IRS Website Salvation Army Donation Value Guide Airline Yahoo Airline Business News – Major Airlines Yahoo [...]

Professional Links2017-06-13T15:41:53+00:00

Same-Sex Marriage—DP—CU


Same-Sex Marriage – Domestic Partners – Civil Unions Same-Sex Marriage For federal tax purposes, the IRS recognizes a same-sex marriage (SSM) that was entered into in a domestic or foreign jurisdiction whose laws authorized the marriage —even if the [...]

Same-Sex Marriage—DP—CU2016-12-08T19:18:06+00:00

Tax Knowledge


Knowledge is Power! Stay informed on current tax law! I know, that’s why you have us… but if you should choose to educate yourself on some of the more common tax policies that concern you, we have broken them [...]

Tax Knowledge2016-12-08T19:33:03+00:00

Where’s My Refund?


Show me the money! If your return has been accepted and you are expecting a refund, you should be able to check the status of your refund with the IRS or with your state agency. Below are direct links [...]

Where’s My Refund?2016-12-08T19:33:17+00:00

Paying the IRS


If you owe the IRS we have a couple options:  Using a credit card—this is a viable option especially if you want the miles. But, the main issue to consider is that the IRS will not incur any expenses [...]

Paying the IRS2016-12-08T19:33:26+00:00

Do I need to file Form 8938?


Do I need to file Form 8938, “Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets”? Certain U.S. taxpayers holding specified foreign financial assets with an aggregate value exceeding $50,000 will report information about those assets on new Form 8938, which must [...]

Do I need to file Form 8938?2016-12-08T19:34:39+00:00
Go to Top